Monday, July 20, 2009

Thing 16 -- Wikis

I love Wikis. Last the library had a Wiki for librarians. It was a great way to share information. I then sat down and watched the video on Wikis. I went to PBworks.com and create a rough Wiki for my library. Afterward I attended a district workshop on how to create a wiki...and fine tuned my Wiki. I think Wikis will be great to use with students. For example the librarian and teacher could work together to create a wiki for students to use for a research project. I created one for my 4th grade students. (if they are set up as public they can be accessed easily from any computer.) I included the requirements for the project and websites they could use. I also did a presentation for the district on research for the primary grades. I made a wiki page and gave the link to the participants. This will enable them to have access to the links, information, etc without having to keep up with a paper handout. It will also be there anytime they need it. I plan to use link this page to my library wiki.

I really think wikis can be used in collaborative planning

2 comments:

  1. Anna, thanks for sharing. It looks like you really got wikis to work well in your classroom. I agree with you. I think they will be a great tool in using for collaborative planning and can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas on using wikis with students. Iw ant to try that this coming school year.

    ReplyDelete